Horse racers, equestrians and horse race enthusiasts alike will be delighted to realise that No. 24 The Promenade 5 Star Luxury apartment is a mere stone’s throw away from some of the biggest horseracing events in and around Cheltenham.
Cheltenham is home to several races throughout the year:
- The Showcase – The Cheltenham racing season kicks off with a bang through The Showcase, held every 27th – 28th of October. The Showcase is the perfect horseracing festival that provides the opportunity to watch the races and events with the entire family, friends and coworkers with famous horse trainers, jockeys and racing horses gather together to show off the skills and racers to watch out for the entire season.
- The November Meeting – With races between November 17 up to 19, the November meeting is three days filled with adrenaline rushing races that would be perfect for any horse racing enthusiast.
- The International – This is the perfect racing event for the whole family! Held during the 15th to 16th of December, The International is a two-day horse jump event that gathers throngs of tourists and visitors despite the biting cold of the December air despite the cold weather.
- The New Year’s Day Races – Start the New Year with the perfect bang with the perfect style of Home Jump Racing at The New Year’s Day races, held on New Year’s Day at the nearby Cheltenham Jockey Club Racecourse. This is the perfect pick me upper event on New Year’s day for any horse enthusiast.
- Festival Trials Day – The Festival Trials Day races provides the perfect taste of the great festival racing season to come by March with great racing action from entries all over Cheltenham and some contestants from other cities held every last week of January at around the 27th.
- The April Meeting – The April Meeting races gives any horse enthusiast the perfect opportunity to enjoy two weekday events – two days filled with great horse racing action despite the winding down of the season post Cheltenham Festival Races.
But nothing takes the cake more than The Cheltenham Festival Races. This is the ultimate horseracing event of the year where the famous Cheltenham Gold Cup is held. The Gold Cup is the biggest steeplechase race in the world. The prizes for the cup climbs to as high as more than £500,000.
The Cheltenham Festival Races is a Grade I National Hunt Horse Race that covers a distance of almost 3 miles 2½ furlongs (5,331 m), and includes 22 fences.
The steeplechase is open to horses aged five years and over, and is the most prestigious of all National Hunt events.
The Promenade Apartment is within walking distance of the race course and is usually booked up as early as right the previous year’s festival, which is why it is important to get your slots reserved.
Call us today at The Promenade Apartment and get your reservations!